Presonus R65 V2 - 6.5" Powered Studio Monitor
Articulate, versatile studio monitor with acoustic tuning controls and AMT tweeter for wide soundstage and astonishing transient response.
Featuring acoustic tuning controls, a 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (ATM) tweeter and 6.5-inch custom-coated, composite LF drivers, R65 V2 delivers transparent and articulate sound with a wide sweet spot. Ideal for working with high-resolution audio.
Clarity is king
Clarity is king—and with the R65 V2s, you’ll hear every single detail of your music—and no problematic trouble spots will escape your ear again! If you’re mixing or mastering high-resolution audio, the R65 V2 will ensure that you hear every nuance, thanks to its custom 6.8-inchAir Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter that responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies. You’ll hear all of the air and space that has become synonymous with high-resolution audiophile sessions. The AMT design also allows the R65 V2 to handle 8 to 13 times the projection area of more traditional tweeter designs—while its unique housing constrains this projection area strictly to the horizontal axis. The result is a very wide sweet spot with focused vertical dispersion—minimizing reflections from your desk, floor, or ceiling.
The 6.5-inch, custom coated, woven composite LF driver produces a more dynamic output than conventional designs, thanks to the rigid cone’s ability to maintain a more constant dispersion pattern across its frequency response range, resulting in transparent sound with reduced reflections. Biamped with 140W RMS of Class D power—75 W driving the woofer and 45W driving the tweeter—the R65 V2 ranks among the most powerful monitor speakers in its category.
A set of four acoustic tuning controls allow you to tailor the 65 V2’s frequency response to compensate for the anomalies of nearly any mix environment—so you can expect predictable, consistent performance in the event you use them in more than one place.
Custom-made, 6.8-inch Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter
Provides excellent transient response and high-frequency reproduction; Rigid, custom coated, woven composite 6.5-inch low-frequency driver produces a more dynamic output than conventional designs; wide horizontal dispersion and narrow vertical dispersion for wide sweet spot with minimized problematic reflections; four acoustic tuning controls tailor the R65 V2 to any mix environment; 140W of biamped Class D power; diverse connectivity options include balanced XLR, ¼-inch TRS, and unbalanced RCA.
- 2-way active AMT tweeter design provides articulate high-frequency response, wide stereo imaging, and narrow vertical dispersion
- Custom-designed, 6.8-inch, AMT tweeter responds to the subtlest waveforms and the highest frequencies for audiophile-grade air and space
- 6.5-inch LF drivers provide transparent mid- and low-frequency reproduction for clean, punchy bass
- Biamped, 140 W RMS (LF = 75 W, HF = 65 W) Class D power amplifier with switching power supply
- Acoustic tuning controls (Low cut, Mid, High, Acoustic Space) compensate for room acoustics and placement
- Includes Studio Magic, a suite of over $1000 USD worth of music production software
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS plus unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Toroidal power transformer eliminates noise and hum
- System protections include RF interference, output current limiting, over-temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Power: 100-120 V ~50/60 Hz or 220-240 V ~50/60 Hz